CAS are laboratories with specialized equipment for food, agricultural and industrial chemistry testing; analysis of water, waste water, food, animal feeds, soil, chemicals, cosmetics, leather, textiles, minerals and related materials.
The facility has capacity and competence for nutrient, elemental, heavy metal, vitamin, amino acid, aflatoxin, and bioactive compounds analysis. It also undertakes in vitro digestibility of starch and protein, chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biological oxygen demand (BOD) analysis, among other specialized kit-based tests.
To enhance the competitiveness of local industry by offering laboratory services to improve their productivity;
Key analytical equipment
Ultra High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC), Fourier-Transform Near Infrared (FTNIR) Spectrophotometer, Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS), UV-Vis Spectrophotometer, Advanced Bomb Calorimeter, Automatic COD and BOD measurement systems, Micro-Kjiedahl system, Fibretech system, CIE-LAB Color meter, Texture Analyzer, Viscograph, Farinograph and Extensograph.
Quality commitment of CAS
- To provide timely, reliable, quality and competitive testing and analytical services.
- To implement an effective Quality Assurance system that guarantees consistent quality to clients and continuous improvement of laboratory services.
- To observe highest level of integrity and confidentiality of test results.
- To comply with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To seek, respect, value and use customer feedback positively.
Partnerships and Collaborations
CAS collaborates with specialized KIRDI laboratories such as Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (IMBRC), Food Technology Research Centre (FTRC) and Energy Resources and Energy Efficiency (EREERC) thus extending scope of testing and analytical capabilities and competencies.