Project Studies is a division providing support services to KIRDI’s technical divisions and the Kenyan industry generally. It Supports technology transfer and facilitates investment through consultancy on individual, group and community projects. Some of its products include Opportunity Studies, Feasibility Studies, Business Plans, Market Studies, and Rehabilitation Studies.
The division essentially focuses on the following activities:
- Supporting R&D activities in the institution through
- Preparation for data collection and data analysis
Training on Project planning and research methods
- Carrying out economic reviews on productive sectors including Technology Needs Assessments (TNAs).
- Undertaking socio - economic surveys before technology transfers are done
- Undertaking market and feasibility studies and preparation of business plans,
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation of transferred technologies
The division undertakes collaborative research with other institutions and development partners. It also undertakes consultancies in areas of interest either alone or together with the technical divisions. Consultancies are cost shared with clients according to the institution guidelines on consultancy rates.