KIRWELD pro 210 Arc Welding Machine
The vision 2030 identifies six priority areas, namely; tourism, agriculture, wholesale and retail trade, manufacturing, business process outsourcing and financial services. For the manufacturing sector, the vision envisages to create an efficient export oriented manufacturing sector that will contribute at least 20 % to the
GDP by 2030. It puts emphasis on the following three thrusts;
- Value addition on agriculture,
- Improving on productivity and competitiveness,
- Promotion of MSEs as the future large companies
The MSE sector has therefore been identified as key to the realization of vision 2030 for the manufacturing sector. The objective of the design was to deliver parts and components that would produce high quality and efficient welding machine able to meet internationally acceptable standards while incorporating the services of locals SMEs.
KIRWELD pro 210, developed through the concept of reverse engineering, is manufactured to the exact Kenyan local standards, fitted with forced air cooling system, has increased duty cycle and performance. The machine operates from a 220/240 ac-15 Amps source and offers an output of 80 Amps to 210 Amps welding current. It features a vented, wrap-around housing fitted to a heavy-duty chassis. Screw type, step less welding control (shunt) allows fine adjustment of current depending of the rod size being used. KIRWELD is a single phase medium duty Arc welding machine which is suited for welding rod sizes range of Ø2.0 mm- Ø4.0 mm, weighing 22kgs. Each welding machine is fitted with carry handle and wheels for added mobility, supplied with electrode holder, cables and earth clamps.
TECHNOLOGY DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF KIRWELD pro 210 Arc Welding Machine Design of parts and components of the welding machine
- Development of specifications in line with existing arc welding machine standards.
- Production and testing of a prototype machine
- Mass Production of parts and components by SMEs subcontracted
- Assembly of components and final product
- Testing and quality assurance by KEBS- KIRWELD pro 210 arc welding machines were tested for quality and standardization at KEBs and satisfied the required standards for the welding machines as per the KS standards.