Training workshop for National Designated Entities (NDEs)
The climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is the operational arm of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Technology Mechanism.
The CTCN with the consortium partner based in Kenya, the World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) have organized a training workshop for the National Designated Entities (NDEs) from Anglophone countries, in Africa, to be held from 5th – 7th March 2014, in Nairobi, Kenya.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To present the CTCN and its services including processes for processing and responding to country requests and the CTCN Knowledge Management System.
- To present roles and responsibilities of NDEs as climate technology champions at the national level fostering; collaboration and strengthening networks and partnerships, information and knowledge sharing and capacity building, and developing, selecting and submitting country requests to the CTCN.
- To provide training on; Stakeholder mapping, engagement and consultation
- Building and nurturing networks at national level
- Ensuring alignment between CTCN activities and national plans and policies
- Developing and prioritizing requests
- Monitoring and evaluating the support received from the CTCN and its impacts
- To identify the priority needs for NDEs to effectively play their role and the CTCN services that can best support countries in fostering climate technology transfer.
NATIONAL ENTITY DESIGNATE