2017 Animal Feeds Formulation Training Course
The training was introduced in April 2011 and is held annually. Since its inception, 241 participants from different countries, counties and Professions have participated. People engaged in feed processing activities and closely related fields i.e. farmers, feed manufacturers, feed suppliers, educators, researchers, trainers, analysts, students have immensely benefited from the training.
A class session photo of 2016 Animal Feeds Formulation Training participants
This year the training will be held on 5th - 9th June 2017 at KIRDI South C Headquarters’ Popo road, off Mombasa road, Nairobi. The cost is Ksh 40,000for Kenyans and Ksh 55,000 for non-Kenyans (cost includes training materials, lunch, teas and certificates)
For registration payments are made at the institute’s cash office at KIRDI headquarters or deposited with our bankers account details below, the deposit slip availed for issuance of receipt and capture at the institutes’ cash office.
Account details are as below:
Account Name: KIRDI
Bank: National Bank of Kenya,
Branch: Harambee Avenue Branch
Account Number: 0100300903200
- Nutrients & Minerals
- Feed analysis
- Toxic factors
- Feeding standards
- Processing of feedstuffs
- Computer based ration formulation
- Knowledge gap on animal feeds.
- Technology transfer to new MSMEs in animal feed production
- To have expertise in formulating your own feeds
Why Train In Animal Feed Formulation?
- It is your opportunity to ask all the questions you have about feed formulation!
- The training captures all categories engaged in feed processing and related activities.
- Understanding animal nutrition and toxic factors related to feed formulation to improve and increase profitability.
Who Should Attend?
Farmers and agricultural cooperatives
- Tailor your animal feed formulation to match your unique situation and local materials.
- Optimize animal performance, improves animal health and welfare and increases overall profitability.
- Improve livestock productivity.
- Know which feed stocks to plant for use in feed formulation
- Increase your knowledge and upgrade the skills of your staff, in areas relating to feed ingredients, animal nutrition and toxic feed factors which affect your customer’s profitability.
Question and answer session 2016 class
Feed manufacturers & Feed Suppliers
- Improve your formulations to comply with feed standards.
- Reduced customer complaints and product recall.
- Get the edge over your competition.
- Staff training and skills upgrading.
Educators, Extension officers, Trainers & Laboratory analysts
- Quality assurance and adherence to set feed standards.
- Develop capability to offer on- site solutions while undertaking extension services.
- Develop advisory capability in prevention of product deviations your service delivery.
- Formulate compound feeds with the desired nutrient levels.
Award of certificate by the director 2016 after successful completion of the training