The 2008 ICT Incubation program was run in collaboration with the Kenya ICT board, Ministry of Industrialization, UNIDO and Kamtech Associates Pvt. Ltd. The program is currently on a hiatus as we review it following three (3) years of operation. More details to follow on when it will resume.
Objectives of the program
The KIRDI ICT Incubation program addresses the key issues of entrepreneurial culture in the region, especially in regard to facilitating creation of enterprise start-ups ; micro, small and medium-sized enterprise (MSME), provide handholding support till the enterprise matures before moving out of the Incubation. It will support and help :
- Develop profitable enterprises
- Commercialize development of products and services
- Provide networking business facilitation support
- Create jobs
- Raise the awareness for potential entrepreneurs to join the incubation center.
Following a tie up with Kamtech Associates Pvt. Ltd., an Indian leading IT and software development company, KIRDI has launched established ICT incubation program in November 2008 and has set up ICT Incubation center. The primary objectives of the program are to create more jobs through entrepreneur and small business development and support, to achieve success through coordinating the different efforts so as to reduce duplication and to increase know-how and knowledge through the following activities:
- Incubation and Business Development: Pre-incubation services
- Incubation and Business Development: Training in entrepreneurship and business development management
- IT and Software engineering technical competence training by Indian experts
- Incubation and Business Development: Mentoring/coaching
- Link entrepreneurs and start-up companies to technical and administrative know-how and financing.
- Encourage networking and commercial partnership among the incubates locally, regionally and internationally.
- Promote and support valuing and commercializing of the incubates products and services offering.
- Networks and Synergy: Facilitation of linkages between incubates
- Networks and Synergy: Networking events
- Networks and Synergy: Referrals to business professionals
- Technology Transfer: Help with intellectual property/patent advice
Click here for a list of some successful ICT Incubation startups.